How do you choose a personal injury lawyer? You have never worked with a personal injury lawyer before, and you wonder what to expect and where to start.
Here we’ll look at how to work with an accident attorney and what you need to do to ensure the best outcome.
Hiring a Personal Injury Lawyer
After an injury or car accident, most people hire a personal injury lawyer.
Most people have never dealt with an accident lawyer, and don’t know what to expect. They often feel overwhelmed at the prospect of hiring one. They may settle for the first choice they see. They believe that most attorneys provide essentially the same services, so they may settle for that.
You will never have a more important professional relationship than this one. In the aftermath of a car accident or motorcycle accident, you trust your lawyer to deal with your insurance company and secure the settlement you deserve.
It pays to hire the right attorney carefully so choose carefully.
What Personal Injury Lawyers do
A personal injury attorney provides legal representation to people injured in accidents caused by another person, organization, or entity.
An injury attorney’s primary goal is to secure settlements, verdicts and justice for injured clients.
Here are a few of the primary duties of personal injury lawyers:
- Gathering and analyzing evidence. Lawyers for personal injury cases work with clients, law enforcement officials, and insurance companies to gather evidence and build a case. This would apply, for instance, if you were injured in a car accident, if you slipped and fell or if a product defect caused the injury. Gathering evidence is the first step in building a successful case.
- Negotiating with insurance companies. If you’ve ever tried to receive a payout from an insurance company, you know how difficult the process can be. A personal injury lawyer will handle this task for you when you hire him. In the course of handling your claim, personal injury attorneys serve as an intermediary between you and your insurance company.
- Represent clients in legal matters. If the case doesn’t settle before trial, a personal injury lawyer is usually responsible for representing the client at trial. In the case of a trial, your injury lawyer will present evidence and argue your case in front of a jury. Representing yourself in a complex injury case is not a good idea.
After you’ve identified a few attorneys who seem like they might be a good fit, do some research on them. We recommend reading the bios and background for each attorney you’re considering and pursuing the attorney’s online reviews and testimonials. This will give you a good idea of how the attorney practices, his or her reputation, and what you can expect from working with the firm.
A personal injury lawyer is essentially someone who goes to court on your behalf and fights for you. Thus, you should choose an attorney who has your best interests at heart, has a good work ethic, is articulate and smart and makes you feel comfortable. The attorney you select must give you the confidence you need in order for this to be a long-lasting, productive relationship.
A lawyer needs to know the details of your case before they can help. Clients sometimes hesitate to disclose these facts for fear of being blamed for the incident or accident. Transparency is critical if you’re going to go to the time and trouble of hiring a personal injury attorney. By hiding facts, you will not only hinder your attorney’s ability to help you, but you will also complicate your legal situation.
Ensure that your lawyer has all the details about the accident and injury that you can provide right from the start of the lawyer/client relationship. An attorney will ALWAYS keep your details confidential. Your lawyer will protect your privacy without being judgmental. This means they will always take steps to protect your interests.
Thomas Hunter – Personal Injury Attorney
Thomas Hunter has been the right choice for so many people who have experienced the trauma of personal injury of any kind. Mr. Hunter gives the individual attention that so many large firms do not provide. There is a continual relationship built through the whole process; you are sincerely cared for in terms of your condition. Thomas Hunter provides regular communication and fights hard for your right to win your case. The Thomas Hunter Law Firm has been practicing personal Injury law for over 40 years and knows the processes needed in detail.
Call Thomas Hunter if you have had any form of personal injury.
- Savannah Wrongful Death Attorney
- Savannah Medical Malpractice Lawyer
- Savannah Personal Injury Lawyer
- Savannah Car Accident Lawyer
- Savannah Truck Accident Lawyer
- Savannah Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
- Savannah Laser Hair Removal Accident Lawyer
- Savannah Liquor Liability And Dram Shop Injury Lawyer
- Savannah On-The-Job Injury Lawyer
- Savannah Bus Accident Lawyer
- Savannah Gas Explosion Injury Lawyer
- Savannah Defective Medical Device Lawyer
- Savannah Product Liability Lawyer
- Savannah Slip And Fall Accident Lawyer