Frequently, motorcycle accidents involve extremely violent collisions in which motorcyclists are crushed by other vehicles or are thrown from their motorcycles at high speeds, resulting in serious or fatal injuries. Injury to motorcyclists can result in broken bones, severe spinal cord damage, burns, disfigurement, or head trauma.
Injuries caused by motorcycle crashes
Unfortunately, many motorcycle accident victims die as a result of their injuries. Since motorcyclists suffer severe injuries, they and their families deserve the best legal representation. The Thomas Hunter law firm provides the quality legal representation motorcycle accident victims and their families need.
Our fight is for injured motorcycle riders
Our motorcycle accident lawyers in Savannah GA have prosecuted personal injury claims in cases involving distracted drivers, drunk drivers, and drivers who have failed to obey traffic laws, including speeding, improper lane changes, and other traffic violations. We have experience handling motorcycle accident claims and understand the unique issues that arise in such cases.
Types of Compensation for Motorcycle Crashes
You may be entitled to several types of compensation depending on the amount of damages suffered in a motorcycle accident in Savannah, GA. During our investigation, we will identify any responsible parties, and we will work diligently to get you a fair settlement.
Based on the nature of your accident and injuries, you may receive financial compensation for:
- Expenses associated with medical care. Medical bills and expenses resulting from your accident may be covered, including emergency room fees, hospital visits, transportation costs, and medical supplies. You could also receive compensation for future medical expenses.
- Loss of wages. You may be entitled to compensation for lost wages during the time that you were unable to return to work following your motorcycle accident. Additionally, you may receive compensation for future lost wages if your injuries prevent you from returning to work.
- Damage to property. Motorcycle accidents often result in extensive damage to the motorcycle as well as other personal items. You may receive compensation for the damage to your property if the courts determine that the other motorist is at fault.
- Suffering and pain. The extent of your injuries may determine how much you receive as compensation for pain and suffering. In addition, long-term effects such as PTSD can have an adverse impact on your quality of life, resulting in further compensation.
- If a wrongful death has occurred, it is possible to pursue a wrongful death lawsuit against the negligent motorist who caused a loved one’s death.
An attorney can tell you what damages you might receive if you win or settle your case after investigating your case. The amount of damages you receive depends in part on how severe your damages are as well as any degree of fault you hold in the case. Damages are likely to be apportioned if more than one motorist acted negligently.
In the event that you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident, you should contact Thomas Hunter motorcycle accident attorneys as soon as possible. We will investigate your accident thoroughly and help you to seek fair compensation for your injuries.